Skillet Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms
Save to My Recipes
Serve this dish with roasted potatoes or rice pilaf
Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1–2 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 3 Tbsp.)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place a chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound gently until even in thickness. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Add chicken pieces a few at a time and toss to coat thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Sauté chicken for about 3–4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove to a warm platter; cover with foil and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet, along with remaining butter if needed. Sauté mushrooms for 3–4 minutes until tender and browned. Add green onions and garlic; sauté for about 1 minute. Add lemon juice and chicken broth; simmer for about 2 minutes. Add chicken to the skillet and return to a simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute.
- Arrange chicken on a serving plate. Top with mushrooms and juices. Sprinkle with parsley.