Skillet Chicken with Herbs and Lemon
This company-ready chicken dish takes a little time, but it’s worth it!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. minced rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 lbs. chicken pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine rosemary, parsley, thyme, garlic, zest, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Rub mixture over chicken pieces. Place chicken in a covered dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Place chicken, skin-side down, in pan and brown for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and pour 1⁄2 cup chicken broth into skillet. Place skillet in preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Place skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining chicken broth and lemon juice. Cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil until mixture reduces by half, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and heavy cream. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.