Skillet Chile Rellenos
This clever skillet version of traditional chile rellenos has all the flavor you love without the fuss (or mess) of frying.
Serves: 2Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 2 poblano peppers
- 6 ounces Kroger® Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Heat oven to broil.
- In 10” cast iron skillet, arrange peppers; broil in oven, turning occasionally, until skins blacken and blister.
- Move peppers to re-sealable plastic food storage bag; close bag and let sit 15 minutes to steam. Remove loose skin from peppers. Cut each pepper in half; remove seeds.
- Evenly divide cheese between pepper halves. Set aside.
- Turn oven to 425°F. Return skillet to oven to heat.
- Whisk together eggs, flour, milk and salt until well blended.
- Working quickly, remove hot pan from oven, brush bottom and sides with butter, add batter and top with stuffed peppers.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Serve topped with salsa or pico de gallo.
- Refrigerate leftovers.