Skillet Corn Bake
Delicious with turkey, ham and other holiday sides, this rich and savory corn bake has a light, fluffy texture with a touch of sweetness in every bite. Try topping with chives, jalapeños and cooked bacon.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cans (15.25 oz. each) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, drained well, divided
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth or Chicken Stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chives, optional garnish
- Jalapeños, optional garnish
- Cooked bacon, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 12” cast iron or other deep 12” oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add corn (reserving ½ cup for garnish), butter and thyme; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add remaining ingredients; stir until smooth. Pour evenly over corn.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until edges are puffed and golden and center is set but slightly wobbly (a knife inserted in center should come out clean).
- Let cool 5 minutes before garnishing with reserved corn and optional chives, jalapeños and cooked bacon. Refrigerate any leftovers.