Cast-iron skillets work great for frittata making. They cook evenly and are oven-safe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 lb. asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 7 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat the butter and oil in a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion, asparagus, zucchini, and peas until the onions are soft, about 8–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the feta, oregano, dill, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Tilt the skillet slightly to coat all of the ingredients with the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat until the eggs are just beginning to set, about 4 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the mixture is cooked through and just beginning to brown.
- Remove from the pan and slice. Serve immediately.