Skillet Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Sausage
Skipping the step of boiling the gnocchi gives it a firmer texture and makes this one-pot meal a snap to make!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. fresh gnocchi
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and use spoon to break sausage up as it cooks. Sauté until sausage is beginning to brown and is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and continue to cook until sprouts also begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add gnocchi to pan (do not pre-cook it). Cook several minutes until gnocchi begins to soften slightly and brown.
- Add wine then cook two minutes. Add broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a full boil. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese melts and serve hot.