Skillet Sausage and Bean Supper
Using canned beans and tomatoes means you can have dinner on the table in no time flat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 12 oz. Italian sausage, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2½ cups drained white cannellini beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the crushed garlic, onion, and sausage. Sauté for 10 minutes, until sausage is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes. Continue cooking for 2–3 more minutes, until the onion is softened. Add the tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Add the beans. Add the bay leaf. Stir in the parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the heat down and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf before serving.