Skillet Sausage with Pasta and Marinara Sauce
To save time at night, cook the pasta in the morning, drain it, place it on a lightly-oiled rimmed baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator or cool kitchen until dinnertime.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. precooked pork sausage, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bag (1 lb.) fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups jarred tomato marinara sauce
- 12 oz. cooked spaghetti or linguine
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook the sausages in the skillet on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until they are heated through. Remove the sausages from the pan and drain on paper towels. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and the spinach. Sprinkle the salt over the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until spinach leaves have wilted.
- Add the marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Return the sausage to the pan. Cook for another minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Place the leftover pasta in a colander and quickly run hot water over it to heat. Drain. Add the pasta to the skillet and combine with the other ingredients. Sprinkle with the cheese before serving.