Skillet Turkey and Biscuits
You can punch up the flavor of this dish by adding
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) 8-count refrigerator biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring the oil and butter to temperature in a 12" oven-proof skillet. Add the onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion is transparent. Sprinkle flour over the cooked vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Slowly add the chicken broth to the pan, whisking to prevent lumps from forming. Stir the milk into the chicken broth. Increase the temperature to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken. Add the peas and carrots, turkey, and pepper. Mix well.
- Arrange the biscuits over the top of the turkey mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.