Skillet Vegetarian Chickpea Sauté with Carrots and Greek Yogurt
Swiss chard pairs deliciously with chickpeas, carrots, fresh herbs and Greek yogurt in this easy and satisfying dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups Swiss chard, leaves separated from stalks and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Blanch Swiss chard stalks 3 minutes. Add leaves; continue cooking 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze dry; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, carrots and caraway seeds. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add Swiss chard and chickpeas; continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mint, cilantro, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining salt and pepper. In serving bowls, evenly divide vegetables. Top with yogurt.