Skin-On Mashed Potatoes
These creamy and light mashed potatoes come together quickly to make the perfect side for almost any main dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds red potatoes, halved or cut into 2” chunks
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in large pot; cover with enough water to submerge potatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until very tender.
- In small saucepan over low heat, combine milk and cream. Cook until just bubbly around the edges and warm to the touch.
- Drain potatoes; place back into pot. Use potato masher to mash potatoes. Add butter; continue mashing. Pour in heated milk mixture. Continue mashing until very smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.