Skinny Slow Cooker Chowder
Hearty vegetables and seafood cook together in a rich, hearty sauce and create a dinner you’ll love to share. Makes enough for a crowd! Serve over Arborio rice or pasta for a delicious dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cans (14½ oz.) chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 package (1 lb.) frozen seafood mix, thawed
- 1 can (12 oz.) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Place onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken broth, and salt in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Stir thawed seafood mix and evaporated milk into the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley and serve.