Skirt Steak with Chermoula
Chermoula is a non-spicy Moroccan salsa-like dish. It is great on beef or lamb but can also be used as a marinade for fish or chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. skirt steak
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Juice from 3 lemons, zest from 1
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Trim off any membrane or extra fat from the beef. Brush the meat with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- To make the chermoula, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s heated, cook the meat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice the steak in thin slices on an angle and top with the chermoula. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.