Skirt Steak with Shortcut Romesco Sauce
Pair your perfectly grilled skirt steak with an easy-to-make sauce that’s surprisingly full of flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds skirt steak, fat trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Olive Oil, plus extra for coating steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Private Selection™ Pink Himalayan Salt, plus extra for coating steak
- Black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup roasted, salted almonds
- 1 slice crusty white bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Private Selection™ Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pat steak dry; coat lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In food processor, combine almonds, bread, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar and ¼ cup oil; process until smooth. Add ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to high heat. Grill steak 3 to 5 minutes per side, until charred and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Let rest 10 minutes.
- To serve, slice steak and top with sauce.