Slamminʼ Macaroni and Cheese
This is the real deal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ lb. sliced American cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a small ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Combine the cream, cream cheese, American cheese, and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just melted together.
- Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to the prepared casserole dish, spreading it out in an even layer. Toss the breadcrumbs with the melted butter and then sprinkle on top of the macaroni. Bake for 35 minutes or until it is browned and bubbly.