Slice and Bake Pistachio Cookies
These buttery cookies are dipped in delicious dark chocolate for a sweet and salty mix. Bring them to your next cookie exchange or holiday work party.
Serves: 32Prep: 1 hourCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, plus more to serve
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes, to serve
- Place pistachios in a small bowl and cover with water; set aside for 30 minutes. Drain pistachios and allow to dry on paper towels. Roughly chop pistachios and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Fold in the flour and chopped pistachios.
- Roll dough into a log, about 2” in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place dough on a cutting board and slice dough into ¼” rounds. Place dough on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate and place on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and coconut flakes. Allow to set before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.