Slimmed-Down Macaroni and Cheese
Although it is still a treat, this version of macaroni and cheese won’t leave you feeling guilty. This method yields a very creamy dish that is easy to keep warm until everyone is ready for dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1½ cups reduced-fat sharp Cheddar
- 8 oz. cooked macaroni
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat the mustard, cornstarch, pepper, and evaporated milk until warmed through, whisking occasionally. Stir in the cheese.
- Pour the macaroni into the slow cooker. Top with the cheese mixture and stir. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.