Sloppy Joe Mix for the Freezer
Kids and adults alike will love this sloppy, tasty mix. It can be used on rolls or as filling for unique lasagna!
Makes: 8 quartsHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 8 quarts
- 5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3–4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⅓ cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or brown sugar replacement
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dry yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder or Tabasco sauce
- Brown ground beef, peppers, and onions in olive oil until meat is browned and onions and peppers are tender. Drain well in a colander to remove excess fat. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Cool and ladle into freezer-safe containers. Use within 6–8 months.