Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chili-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef together with the onion and celery, breaking up the beef, until beef is browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper; and simmer at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Skillet can be partially, but not tightly, covered to prevent splattering. Serve on buns.