Slow Cooked Basil-Orange Carrots
Serve as an appetizer or accompaniment to a roasted meat entrée.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. carrots, sliced in rounds
- ¼ packed cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or ½ tsp. ground)
- Juice and zest of 3 large oranges
- 3 Tbsp. torn basil
- Grease a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Arrange baby carrots on bottom of prepared cooker. Stir in brown sugar, ginger, raisins, orange juice and zest and remaining olive oil.
- Cover and cook on high for 2–4 hours. Top with fresh basil.