Slow-Cooked Beef Stew with Parsnips and Herbs
Parsnips, fresh rosemary, and thyme are a welcome addition to a traditional beef stew.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into ½" pieces
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into ½" pieces
- 1 lb. new potatoes, quartered
- 1 can (14 oz.) beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Grease a 4-quart slow cooker with oil. Stir in all ingredients, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.