With one bite, this slightly simplified version of the Provençal fish stew will convert anyone who is skeptical about cooking seafood in the slow cooker into a believer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 shallots, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 quarts fish stock
- 1 lb. cubed hake or catfish
- 8 oz. medium peeled shrimp
- 1 lb. mussels
- Place the shallots, garlic, zests, bay leaf, tomato, and stock into a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the seafood. Cook for 20 minutes on high. Stir prior to serving. Discard any mussels that do not open.