Slow-Cooked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Filling
Try this on crusty rolls and top with crumbled blue cheese or low-fat blue cheese dressing.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 3 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ medium onion, thinly peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- Place all ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on high for 3 hours or until the chicken is easily shredded with a fork. Cook on high uncovered for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred the chicken and toss with the sauce. Transfer to a heatproof serving dish.