Making cheesecake in the slow cooker might sound odd, but it is actually the perfect appliance for the job. The constant low heat and moist environment keeps it from drying out or cracking, even when using low-fat ingredients.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¾ cup low-fat chocolate or cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 6" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, lemon juice, and zest until completely smooth. Pour into the springform pan.
- Pour 1" of water into the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Place a trivet in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the pan onto the trivet.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. Turn off the slow cooker and let the cheesecake steam for 1 hour and 15 minutes with the lid on. Remove the cheesecake from the slow cooker. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight before serving.