Slow-Cooked Chickpea Curry
This slow cooker version of chole, a traditional Indian curry, is very low in fat but high in fiber and flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Place the chickpeas into a 4-quart slow cooker. Fill the rest of the insert with water. Allow the chickpeas to soak overnight. Drain and return to the slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan. Sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger until the onions are soft and translucent. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir. Serve with parsley.