Slow Cooked Chuck Roast and Pasta
Set up the slow cooker to do all the work in this succulent pot roast recipe. Served over noodles, it pleases both the adults and the kids with no fuss!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas
- 1 lb. cooked pasta noodles
- Combine steak seasoning, salt, thyme, and rosemary in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat both sides of meat with olive oil. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Place the carrots and onion on the top of the roast in the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 7 hours. Add snap peas and cook 1 hour more.
- Using a ladle, retrieve the cooking juices from the slow cooker. Transfer juices to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water and add into the pan juices while whisking. Return to a simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Place prepared pasta into individual bowls and top with roast and vegetables. Ladle the gravy over. Serve immediately.