Slow-Cooked Cincinnati Chili
This unusual regional favorite has a spicy sweet flavor that is wonderfully addictive!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes in juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cocoa
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, quickly sauté the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain all fat and discard it.
- Place beef, tomatoes, garlic, onion, cumin, cocoa, chili powder, cloves, vinegar, allspice, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in a 4–quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve chili over spaghetti. Top with Cheddar cheese.