Slow-Cooked Low Country Boil
Popular in Georgia and the Carolinas, Low Country Boil is the perfect one-pot meal for a summer day.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ears corn, halved
- 1½ lbs. baby red skin potatoes
- ¼ cup Chesapeake Bay seasoning or shrimp boil seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Water, as needed
- 1½ lbs. medium shrimp
- Place the corn, potatoes, seasoning, mustard seeds, and bay leaf into a 6-quart slow cooker. Fill the insert with water until it is about 2½" below the top edge of the insert.
- Cook for 2½ hours on high or until the corn and potatoes are tender. Add the shrimp and continue to cook on high for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.