Slow-Cooked Pumpkin Bisque
You probably have all of these ingredients on hand. Throw them in a slow cooker in the morning, and you'll come home to a lovely soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups puréed pumpkin
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- Place all ingredients into a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Use an immersion blender or blend the bisque in batches in a standard blender until smooth. Serve hot.