Preparing a warm and hearty scrambled egg dish is a breeze in the slow cooker. A delicious start to the day.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 6 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of choice (e.g., mushrooms, onions, peppers)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart slow cooker on low. Grease the sides of the slow cooker with additional oil, as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, pepper, and herb.
- Add the vegetables, garlic, and mustard and mix.
- Transfer the egg mixture to the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Stir the eggs with a fork to help break them up to cook evenly. Cook the scrambled eggs, covered, for 1 more hour. Stir the eggs again with a fork.