Slow-Cooked Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms offer endless possibilities of fillings. Feel free to add sausage for a heartier dish or try it with different veggies to create a lovely side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large mushrooms, center and stems removed and chopped
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- Place mushroom centers and stems, tomatoes, arrowroot powder, olive oil, lime juice, basil, lemon juice, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place mushroom caps on bottom of a greased 6-quart oval slow cooker. Spoon mixture on top of mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Top with sesame seeds before serving.