Slow-Cooked Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
Even those who don’t like cabbage will enjoy this dish; the cabbage becomes meltingly soft.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 1½ Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. butter
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. thyme
- Place all ingredients into a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir to distribute all ingredients evenly.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until the cabbage is very soft. Stir before serving.