Slow-Cooked White Bean Cassoulet
The longer you cook this cassoulet, the creamier and richer it gets.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 16 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- ½ tsp. ground fennel
- 1 tsp. crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Place the beans in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the parsnip, carrots, celery, and leeks. Sauté for 1 minute, just until the color of the vegetables brightens. Add to the slow cooker along with the spices. Add the stock and stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.