Slow Cooker Almond Cheesecake
This slow cooker Italian-style cheesecake is easy to make, and is also gluten-free.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 10 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place ricotta in a colander lined with several layers of paper towels over a bowl. Drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground almonds and butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 6-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the drained ricotta, sugar, honey, eggs, vanilla, cornstarch, cinnamon, zest, and salt until completely smooth. Pour into the prepared springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Place a trivet in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the springform pan onto the trivet.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. Turn off the slow cooker and let the cheesecake steam for 1 1⁄2 hours with the lid on or until the center is firm. Remove the cheesecake from the slow cooker. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with sliced toasted almonds before serving.