Slow Cooker Almond Pudding
Add a few drops of almond extract if you like a stronger almond flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 Tbsp. sugar, or to taste
- Put the water into the slow cooker. Add the almonds and cashews to the water. Cover and turn on low. Let the water warm for 1 hour, leaving the nuts immersed.
- Drain the almonds and cashews and transfer them to a blender. Add 1 cup of the milk and blend to a coarse paste.
- Add the rest of the milk and sugar to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Add the nut paste. Stir. Cover and turn it to high. Cook for approximately 1½ hours (stirring every 30 minutes).
- After 1½ hours, the pudding will start getting creamier and turn thicker. Transfer it to a stovetop and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat to finish thickening the pudding this process. Portion the pudding into ramekins or serving bowls and allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature.