Slow Cooker Apple Bread
You’ll be amazed at the range of tastes different apple varieties take on after baking. Try this recipe with different types of apples for a change of flavor.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced apples
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Line a slow cooker with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cream 1 cup sugar with the shortening.
- Beat the eggs. Add the eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and salt to the creamed ingredients. Fold the minced apples into the liquid mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together. Add the liquid mixture to the sifted mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle the batter with the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cover and heat on a high setting for 3 hours.