Slow Cooker Baba Gannouj
Baba Gannouj (also spelled ganoush) is a very tasty Middle Eastern dip. Serve it chilled with toasted pita chips or as a vegetable dip.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the olive oil, eggplant, garlic, and water and stir until coated. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Strain the cooked eggplant and garlic and add to a food processor or blender along with the parsley, salt, lemon juice, and tahini. Pulse to process.
- Scrape down the side of the food processor or blender container if necessary. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and process until smooth. Cover and chill. When cold top with sesame seeds and paprika before serving.