Slow Cooker Baba Ghanoush
This delicious Middle Eastern dip is traditionally made with roasted or grilled eggplant that is blended with olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and tahini. For this version, you make it in a slow cooker. Serve with pita bread or spread it onto a sandwich or wrap.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add a tablespoon of olive oil, eggplant, garlic, and water, and stir until coated. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Strain the cooked eggplant and garlic and add to a food processor or blender along with the parsley, salt, lemon juice, and tahini. Pulse to process, scraping down the sides of the container as necessary. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and process until smooth. Serve with strips of pita bread.