Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
This soup has the flavor of a loaded or stuffed baked potato.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 7 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup diced scallion
- Place the onion, potatoes, water, salt, and pepper into a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Purée using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender.
- Stir in the cheese and sour cream. Serve topped with bacon crumbles and scallion.