Slow Cooker “Baked” Stuffed Apples
You can serve these apples as a warm dessert with some vanilla ice cream or along with some coffee cake for breakfast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large tart baking apples
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup golden seedless raisins
- 4 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 tsp. butter
- ½ cup apple juice or cider
- Wash the apples and remove the core and the stem, but donʼt peel them. Add the brown sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon to a small bowl; stir to mix.
- Fill each apple with a tablespoon of raisins, a teaspoon of orange juice concentrate, and a generous tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture. Top the filling in each apple with a teaspoon of butter.
- Pour the juice or cider into the slow cooker. Carefully place the apples upright in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until the apples are cooked through and tender. Use tongs and a spatula to remove the apples to dessert plates. Serve warm.