Slow Cooker Banana Bread
This easy banana bread is perfect for dessert or breakfast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. table salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- Spray the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Pulse to cream together. Add the walnuts and flour mixture to the food processor. Pulse to combine and to chop the walnuts. Scrape down the sides of the container with a spatula; continue to pulse until mixed.
- Add the batter to the prepared slow cooker, using a spatula to spread it evenly across the bottom of the crock. Cover and cook on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool uncovered before removing it from the slow cooker. Serve with strawberry preserves.