Slow Cooker Barbecue Wings
This recipe doubles easily. To change the flavor, try different flavors of soda.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 can (12 oz.) lemon-lime soda
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup and barbecue sauce together to combine.
- Add the chicken wings and ketchup mixture to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker in alternating layers. Pour the soda over the chicken and ketchup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Uncover the slow cooker and continue to cook on low until the sauce is thickened. Remove the wings from the pot and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake wings in the oven for 10 minutes, or until brown. Serve hot.