Slow Cooker Bean Soup
This hearty vegetarian bean soup serves a crowd. If using cooked beans, the soup looks beautiful with a mélange of beans including white Northern beans, black beans, and pinto beans.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 1 bag (16 oz.) dried mixed beans
- 1 can (14½ oz.) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups finely diced carrots
- 1½ cups finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- If using dried beans, soak them in plenty of water overnight to package directions. Rinse and place in a 8-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 5–6 hours or on low for 10–12 hours until beans are tender.