Slow Cooker Beet Soup
Make this smooth and colorful beet soup in a slow cooker.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 6 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the beets, potato, vegetable broth, thyme, and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours or until beets and potatoes are very tender.
- Use an immersion blender or traditional blender to purée. Garnish with black pepper.