Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
Make this simple and flavorful soup in a slow cooker.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15-oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. minced cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker. Add black beans, cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and vegetable broth. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Add the chopped cilantro and stir.