Slow Cooker Black Pepper Fondue
For six servings, cut the recipe in half and prepare in a small (1
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups Swiss cheese, cubed
- 4 cups Muenster cheese, cubed
- 4 cups sliced fresh vegetables
- 4 cups cubed hearty bread
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- Rub the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with the cut cloves of garlic. (For a stronger garlic flavor, leave the garlic in the cooker and use a slotted spoon to remove the pieces just before serving.) Add the milk, wine, and hot pepper sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the flour, dry mustard, and black pepper to a large zip-top bag. Seal and shake to mix well. Add the cheese cubes to the bag; seal the bag and shake well to coat the cheese cubes in the flour. Pour the contents of the bag into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Whisk the fondue to incorporate the melted cheese fully into the liquid. Taste for seasoning and add more hot sauce.
- Serve fondue with vegetables, bread, and ham for dipping.