Slow Cooker Bourbon Baked Beans
Serve these at your next cookout or as a side dish for a ham or pork loin dinner.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cans (15 oz.) great northern or navy beans
- 2 oz. lean smoked ham, cubed
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dice the bacon and add it to the slow cooker along with the onion. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes; stir and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the bacon is rendering its fat and the onion is getting soft.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add the beans to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix. Reduce the setting on the slow cooker to low; cover and cook for 6 hours.