Slow Cooker Bratwurst in Beer
You can serve the bratwurst and sauerkraut over mashed potatoes or on warmed bakery hot dog buns slathered with stone-ground mustard. The beer you use is your choice, or you can substitute apple juice or cider if you prefer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 precooked beef bratwurst sausages
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 bag (29 oz.) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer
- Add the sausages and onions to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the sausage begins to render its fat and the onions are limp.
- Add the sauerkraut and beer to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- For added flavor, brown the bratwurst under the broiler before serving.