Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Wings
Slow cooking chicken wings results in a more tender, fall-off-the-bone variety than the fried ones you’re probably used to eating. These can be made a few days in advance and store well in the freezer.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp. gluten-free curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. curry paste
- 1 tsp. gluten-free garam masala
- 16 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. gluten-free tandoori masala
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions, and garlic and cook until chicken is browned on both sides and onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, garam masala, tomato paste, ginger, cumin, tandoori masala, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a 4–6-quart slow cooker and stir in yogurt and coconut milk.
- Cook the mixture on low for 6 hours, until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced.