Slow Cooker Butterscotch Sauce
A good sauce will dress up even the simplest ice cream. Spoon this over classic vanilla ice cream for a delectable treat.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl. Boil the water in a saucepan over high heat.
- Add the brown sugar mixture to the boiling water and mix for 5 minutes while stirring over a low heat.
- Transfer the brown sugar mixture to the slow cooker and heat 2 hours on a low setting.
- An hour before serving, add the butter and vanilla.